Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dueling Phones

Day: One Hundred and Seventy Eight

Photo taken on Wednesday, January 26, 2011 at my desk at 326pm. (That's Valerie behind me)

I am currently on hold with the DMV on both phones. I started on the hard line 15 minutes prior to using my cell to try and reach someone on a different DMV number. Let's see who wins...

I like Nissan. I do not however, like Massapequa Nissan (with the exception of Paul's friend, Josh). Josh helped Steve and I get into very awesome leases back in 2007 and 2008. Pedey F. (my old silver Xterra) cost me only $348 a month!

Back in June I am tricked into coming in early with Pedey; then the sleazy salesmen lead me to believe that Josh no longer works there. He does, he is just off today. Once they see the mileage on a three year old truck, they are not letting me leave that lot no matter what. Pedey is in great condition and has only 27,000 miles on him! He is a fantastic vehicle and even better companion. I love him but his lease is almost up and it is time to move on.

I want a yellow Xterra this time but they no longer make them in outlandish colors and now I have boring colors to choose from. I try to leave with Pedey. They usher me into a Pathfinder and tell me to try it.

I drive around the block by myself and hop out telling them I'll try a Pathfinder this time since they told me a basic Xterra starts at $460. I am not paying that kind of money for another basic truck with no crossbars again (how the hell are you supposed to strap a surfboard to the top with no crossbars?) so I settle for a Pathfinder.

The salesmen then badger me into a Pathfinder that they can not get off the lot (Sai). Sai has great features but his biggest downfall is that he's a darker color and darker colored cars show dirt more so than lighter colors and I don't wash my trucks very often so I prefer lighter colors. I maybe wash it like once or twice a year if that. Wash my car? Isn't that what rain is for? But I digress...

So I finally accept Sai and they tell me it will just be a moment and then he's mine.

Three hours later and I'm finally losing patience. I have now been here for five hours. All I have eaten today is a granola bar and get this... I am still wearing my number from the race I participated in down the road hours ago! I am hot, sweaty, hungry, and now angry. I go up to the salesmen (one of which is stuffing his face with lunch) and ask him what the hold up is. He bullshits me and I lose it.

I stick out my hand. "I want my Xterra back. NOW."

He is up and out of that chair so fast and talking me down from storming out of there. I am fuming. He takes a few more dollars off my lease and five minutes later Sai appears.

Eight months later guess who I'm still registered to?

Pedey F.

I have been on Massapequa's case for SEVEN months to get me a registration. I can't park in certain places because I am not registered to Sai. At all. I have even called the Nissan Corporation themselves and they had an INVESTIGATION and Massepequa called me up, tried to charm me even more, promised a registration, and still has not delivered.

Guess who is about to get a pleasant phone call from Bossdad?


Oh and my cell phone won the race.

4 comments:

Assassin070406 said...

You should have told nissian and the dmv "this is a 2010 nissan how dare you!"

Michelle said...

Oh, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who got royally screwed by Nissan. My awful experience was at Smithtown Nissan. Now I'm stuck making payments on a car I didn't even really want, because my ex is a moron and didn't want to listen to my very valid concerns about the whole deal. Awesome. I'm kind of thinking Nissan is just not the way to go.

Maeve said...

BOSSDAD to the rescue!!!!!

Greene Family said...

We often do the dueling phones when dealing with customer services, and oddly enough, the cell phone usually wins even after dialing in minutes later on the cell.