Friday, January 7, 2011

Anbu

Day: One Hundred and Fifty Nine

Photo taken on Friday, January 7, 2011 at Yamato in Midlothian, VA at 749pm. (Pictured after my huge face is Charlie, Dad, Preston-bozu, Kim, and Moma)

This is my favorite restaurant and it happens to be a Japanese hibachi with the most generous portions you have ever seen. I always order the same thing (New York roll, Hiyashi, and a tall Kirin Ichiban) though today I skip the beer since I decided this time my 25k training will be alcohol free.

Yamato happens to be one of the first restaurants we try when my parents, Kim, and Preston move down here in September 2008. Instantly we make a spiritual connection, though I tend to call it with the enunciation on the wrong syllable. When the US finally airs the dubbed version of Naruto Shippuden (I also mispronounced that last word too) I learn how to correctly pronounce Yamato and I make sure to tell my family. But they have already decided to call it Ya-MO-to. Where they got this second "O" is beyond me but they refuse to call it anything but Yamoto no matter how many times I correct them.

So when Steve finds this game during the holiday season, he HAD to get it:

3 comments:

Maeve said...

I really like how your bangs are swept to the side like that!! Pretty!! PS- yummy!!! I was very lucky to attend an outting to Yamato...and it was amaze!

Kim said...

Why is Preston so anti-picture taking for your blog? I love YamOto. I have no idea why we put in the second O, but the waiter agreed with us, so you're wrong.

babs said...

i will reitierate i am not japanese and do not understand all the monga stuff--what a great dinner as usual but what the hell the guy at the other end of tge table forgot to pick up our portion of the check-- as preston would say--jackwagon!