Friday, January 28, 2011

Thar she blows!

Day: One Hundred and Eighty

Photo taken on Friday, January 28, 2011 in the dining area at 606pm.

It looks like I have a nice little night planned doesn't it? Looks like I'm about to get busy with a game of beer pong using some ambers. Looks like I'm about to square off with my opponent.

Well, I'm not.

Those aren't microbrews. Those are orange Gatorades. And we're not playing beer pong but those four glasses are about to wreak havoc upon my digestive system because they are filled with 238grams of Miralax.

Remember this and that? Yeah, well, tomorrow I am going for my first colonoscopy ever to find out the root of the problem and hopefully rule out Crohn's disease. I'm pretty sure I'm fine but after cutting out almost everything in my diet and nothing working, we need to make sure everything is okay up there.

But right now, I have 28 years worth of crap coming out of me. I haven't eaten since yesterday yet I'm on Round 8 or 9 or maybe even 32 and my stomach still sounds like a creaky boat. I think I even saw part of a bologna sandwich I ate in 1992 make an appearance.

It looks like my Quick and the Dead gunslinger moment between me and those Gatorades might be coming to a close

Wah na na na na!

Miralax wins.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie--you are hysterical--right about now you are in la la land getting scoped but I'm praying that all is well-i am so happy you put a funny spin out of crapping your brains out for 8 hours--only you -- your humor is what need on a saturday morning--love you

Maeve said...

Soo glad I was part of the process via text message!!!! HAHA you being able to chug all that in 18mins makes me proud! xo

Kim said...

As I had said, we spent a little too much time on your rear end last week. Looking forward to those really being micro brews.

Greene Family said...

Glad you can add humor to just about anything! I hope you got some answers after your appointment . . . need to keep reading.