Sunday, January 9, 2011

Leonardo da Vinci

Day: One Hundred and Sixty One

Photo taken on Sunday, January 9, 2011 in Kim's guest room at 301pm.

Back when Bossdad fired me from the Surge (November 2004) for three months, Charlie took me under his wing as an apprentice painter. He let me help him on several jobs when I was unemployed and taught me a lot about the painting business. It was a very fun experience and I enjoyed it very much since I got to spend quality time with my bro.

Yesterday we reunited as a team and we worked wonderfully together. Charlie is so adept at cutting he doesn't even need to tape anymore so that cuts out so much prep time. While he cut the room I rolled after him and tore through Kim's house in record time. Then Kim fed us two meals and tipped us which of course I tried to give back but she insisted. She is way too generous for something I figured I would do out of sisterly love. Now I feel like a cheapo for only getting pizza for those that helped us move to Smithtown.

4 comments:

Kim said...

You and Charlie were an awesome team. First words out of Pres' mouth this morning, "you're done. Run along you little dun-dun." I love you guys. I appreciated everything you both did!

Cheryl said...

Love this, Katie. You're a great sis!!! And go Charlie for pitching in - I'm sure Kim greatly appreciates your effort.

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to have my kids together and to share so many laughs--what a fun weekend hopefully next time steve can come too and chris and anna--what fun we could all have love you guys and thanks for helping kim settle in so smoothly

Greene Family said...

You have an awesome family! I told Kim that I'm adopting you guys for our next move. :)