Sunday, January 30, 2011

Aang

Day: One Hundred and Eighty Two

Photo taken on Sunday, January 30, 2011 in the bathroom at 702pm. (It is perfectly okay to laugh at my awful attempt at making myself bald. I must STRESS I went to school for copywriting not art direction, though one could argue the writing skills as well. Should I get my money back?)

I highly recommend Avatar: The Last Airbender (the series not the movie since I have not seen that yet) to anyone, especially adults. The first half of Book One is a little silly and slow to get momentum going but when it picks up it will suck you in, trust me. The story is rich with wisdom and the valuable lessons it teaches the viewers are ones we might have forgotten through the years.

One of the episodes that really speaks to me today centers around Uncle Iroh (Steve's favorite character). He spends the entire 23 minutes walking around the city of Ba Sing Se helping others in need with a smile on his face only for us to learn that this is a very hard day for him. At the end he is honoring his son that he lost in battle.

I find myself wanting to be more like Uncle Iroh every day. No matter how hard of a time he is enduring, it did not stop him from moving forward and projecting warmth on others instead of his sorrow. I hope that I can be more like him, pushing aside my negativity and focusing on the happiness that I can find in the present moment, even if it is a rough moment.

But most likely I'll just end up like Sokka (my favorite), the bumbly, sarcastic average joe.

"You've had a good first day of training."
"I have? But I thought I messed up every single thing we worked on."
"You messed things up in a very special way."

3 comments:

babs said...

Katie--that picture is awesome--you did a great job--maybe you should have gone into special effects & make-up your head looks like that commercial "this is your brain on drugs!"

Katie Jaye said...

LOL Yeah my head does look a little like scrambled eggs doesn't it?

Kim said...

That is a freaky picture my sis. I also think that you do medical records in a very special way. :-)