Sunday, January 16, 2011

VVVRRROOOOMMMM!

Day: One Hundred and Sixty Eight

Photo taken on Sunday, January 16, 2011 in the Manga Loft stairwell at 9pm.

Preston loves his cars and trains, always has since he was a fetus. I swear he comes out of my sister holding a CSX engine in his starfish hand. Before he could even talk he is lining up all of his matchbox cars on my parents' fireplace to play his version of a parking lot.

When they move into the TDM he switches to the windowsills since they are perfect height to run the vehicles on. But he never tires of getting down on the floor with them anyway to push those cars across the living room while slithering around on his belly. He is lightening fast and he makes it look like it's the most fun a person could ever possibly have in their life.

Tonight I want to be like my awesome nephew so I take my own toy car (the Back To The Future Part Two model), get down on my stomach, and push it towards the future (obviously 2015). And you know what? I think Preston is onto something here. It is super fun!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Awwww. He really loves pushing his toys on the floor. Don't be too much like him. Lately his stubborn streak is a force to be reckoned with. I think if he saw the Delorean he would push it for hours.

Greene Family said...

Great post! I was cracking up over the line about him holding a CSX engine in his starfish hand when he came out of your sister . . . I've often wondered if there was ever a time when Pres didn't have a train, car, or truck on hand! Simon and Jude get so excited when we crawl around on the floor and push cars around with them.

Anonymous said...

I hope you pushed the Delorean up to 88mph

Maeve said...

Anonymous?!?! Stupid Blog didn't let me put my name to my clearly hilarious and witty comment

Anonymous said...

i always wondered how exciting it was pushing around vehicles on the floor--apparently it is exhilarating (sp ?) (and really who gives a shit) probably Kim --come to think of it I love playing with the Cadillac Escalade i gave pres pres for christmas one year & it even plays tunes--what more can one ask for (omg ended a sentence with a preposition!)

babs said...

hey maeve--i agree with you where is my name