Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Que un mundo!

Day: One Hundred and Seventy Seven

Photo taken on Tuesday, January 25, 2011 in the hallway at 924pm.

We have been trying to tip our Poland Spring delivery man, Steve, since December but we always forget to give him his card as well as put our bottles out for collection. Yesterday, as I hear the rumble of the truck leaving I curse myself for not remembering yet again and go downstairs to haul the frozen bottles in (yeah, it's around 4 degrees). About 15 minutes later I leave for my doctor's appointment and see PS-Steve across the way, delivering to a business as I maneuver Sai around his truck. I feel guilty when I see him because maybe I could have caught him having known his delivery route.

An hour later, upon returning from the doctor's I notice 347 is shut down going west and then I see it, a totally mangled car. I hate witnessing any kind of aftermath to an accident because it just makes me sad knowing people were hurt. Seeing the road shut down makes me think there is a fatality and then when I see the Poland Spring delivery truck my stomach bottoms out.

I immediately think it's PS-Steve. I've been gone for an hour and judging by the large amount of traffic at the light and the fact that there are no ambulances left, it quite possibly could be our guy.

I'm so upset that I call Hubs and shakily tell him that PS-Steve might have killed someone with his truck. I am so upset that I am convinced the man in the car has to be dead with his vehicle looking like that and then I start blaming myself. If I remembered the card maybe PS-Steve would have taken an extra ten seconds to open it and this accident would have been prevented. This is all my fault!

Steve assures me it's not.

I call dad. I tell him I killed a man in a mangled car through PS-Steve.

Dad assures me I did not kill a man.

For an hour I watch News 12 to see if the news of my murder comes on. It doesn't. I go on about my day, but reluctantly and with constant thoughts of PS-Steve and that unfortunate man in the busted up car.

Today, I crazily search the internet and with great relief find the article here that reassures Steve and dad's beliefs that the man in the vehicle is not dead, nor is it PS-Steve's fault for the accident. Turns out, the man in the vehicle rear-ended PS-Steve or who I still think is PS-Steve. The article has yet to confirm that belief of mine.

Because you know, anyone driving a Poland Spring truck in my area has to be PS-Steve.


(In the picture I am acting out my horror of seeing the accident with a Poland Spring bottle as PS-Steve and a half-transformed Transformer as the man in the vehicle.)

3 comments:

Kim said...

LMFAO! That's really funny. I can see dad saying this. And Steve-your Steve, not PS Steve.

Maeve said...

HAHA LOVE IT... you're funny

Greene Family said...

Oh my gosh - your stories make my day - I can't stop laughing! So happy that everyone was ok!