Monday, January 17, 2011

Working Hard, Hardly Workin'

Day: One Hundred and Sixty Nine

Photo taken on Monday, January 17, 2011 in the Manga Loft (which doubles as my workspace) at 1052am.

It is a rare event for me to work from home during the week but a day like today calls for it. Two years ago I attempt to go into work on MLK Day and immediately regret that decision. Not many people get off for the holiday yet the LIRR is on a holiday schedule. This means Hunterspoint Avenue is shut down and only one train an hour goes to and from the city. It is a madhouse and not worth having everybody brush up against my backside for four hours.

So today I take the floating holiday to do some extra data entry for my parents' medical billing company, Empire Management. I have been doing SPARCS since I was 15 years old and I can rival Sonic in speed as I tear through the claims.

Working from home is great because while I'm on my work computer, Sergei, I have my everyday laptop, Miles, to my right for any researching needs I may have (or watching Facebook status updates, you know, work important things) as well as Nico to my left for music (played as loud as I want!). Yeah, Nico. Surprised he's still hanging on right? He'll be 7 in June! How crazy is that?! I just don't have the heart to get rid of him so instead I prop him up on a book so he doesn't overheat and he's in charge of my iTunes selection.

And the best part of working from home besides peeing with the door open? 

Working in my pajamas!

5 comments:

Greene Family said...

Love it! :) I love working from home, and I also name my computers!

Michelle said...

Awww... Nico. Blast from the past.

Maeve said...

Ummmm best part of working from home.... Getting to chat on the phone for an hour with your BFF!!!!

Katie Jaye said...

Jennifer, I think that is so awesome you name them too!

Michelle, I linked the post when you helped me let him go for the first time. *tear*

And Maeve, you are so totally right. You helped me through that boring hour of SPARCS with a fun convo!

babs said...

working from home rules--i agree with the peeing, blasting music, and especially the pj's-hope ypu got alot accomplished