Thursday, January 27, 2011

No school!

Day: One Hundred and Seventy Nine

 Photo taken on Thursday, January 27, 2011 in the bedroom at 252pm.

This has been the best winter on record! I think I'm on my fourth snow day so far this season. How awesome is it to get paid to play in the snow? Or jump on the bed?

I am ready this morning at 6 to set off towards the city but bossdad is not ready to tell me whether or not the Surge would still be open. All busses are suspended and only Armando could get there thus far. I tell him I don't mind coming since there is one train I can catch in 30 minutes so he says come on in.

And then he says, "If we decide to shut the Surge you can just get off the train and go back the other way."

Um...how 'bout..no, dad. That's not a good option at all. I am not going to take the gamble of being stranded at some random Long Island train station when more than half of the eastbound trains are not running. I like how bossdad thinks I live on 85th Street, as if I'm just around the corner.

I'm actually two hours away.

I need an answer. I hate to pressure him but I do anyway and he concedes.

I'm such a weasel.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm at work right now. I'm way jealous of you.

Eloise's Keeper said...

I wish I had a snow day! I finally got to work at eleven o'clock after shoveling since seven-thirty.

Wah!

Unknown said...

I want a snow day!

Greene Family said...

Yay for snow days!!