Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Simply Meant To Be

Day: Two Hundred and Seventy Six


Photo taken on Wednesday, May 4, 2011 in the Time Out Room at 928pm.

This happens by accident and when I go to "undo" it, I stop.

I actually like it.

Despite the rough cut, the border getting into the picture, and not being what I had intended...it fits. It feels right. It's definitely us. All I want to do is shrink our outlines, smooth the edges, and plaster us over the last scene in Nightmare Before Christmas but I make a wrong turn and end up with this and that's okay. It is easily fixable and I have the time to play around more but I like the way the image lays inside of us. My eye is drawn to the curve of the hill and I think it's funny that we try to copy the silhouettes but do opposite handholding without even thinking about it.

Steve reintroduced me to Nightmare when we started hanging out back in our Genesis days and "Sally's Song" defined what I had been going through as his friend (that and Gavin Degraw's "Nice to Meet You Anyway" but Steve finds that song sadder than this one and also he doesn't like the fact that Degraw rhymes "special" with "special"). Obviously we worked through all the obstacles because we're together but back then, I really didn't know how long I would have to wait.

And honestly, I would have waited forever.

That is, unless he married someone else, then I would have taken a hint.

No comments: