Monday, May 2, 2011

Mangia!

Day: Two Hundred and Seventy Four

Photo taken on Monday, May 2, 2011 with bossdad at Centolire on Madison Avenue in New York, NY at 113pm.
It has reached the point that there is absolutely nothing to buy my parents for their birthdays; they seriously have everything they could possibly need. The days of buying my dad a CD from The Wall are over because even though The Wall hasn't been in the Walt Whitman Mall for a decade, I am sure the CDs I purchased for him still have the cellophane on them including the blue sticker that guarantees a replacement CD if it should scratch (or end up on a different CD you did not buy at The Wall). The days of me picking out ties for him are over: 1) because mom is the queen of matching shirts and ties and 2) because every tie I buy him finds its way into the Goodwill bag after one wearing. The days of cuff links didn't even start because mom has cornered that market and it is dry already, folks.

So that leaves Broadway shows and food. I would have picked another Broadway show but seeing that I have still yet to take him to his last year's Father's Day gift of Avenue Q, I settle for food. I let him pick the place and time and here we are! Dad's birthday luncheon! I can't possibly go wrong with this birthday gift because we always order the same thing when we dine here: fettuccine bolognese (which is the best damn bolognese I have ever eaten).

I can tell already that the gift of a dining experience with yours truly is definitely better than a Goofy tie.

4 comments:

babs said...

katie--daddy loved his luncheon with ypu--he enjoyed the food immensely but he loved the company!you are a special daughter

Maeve said...

mmmmm pasta!!!!

Kim said...

Dad likes me better.

Chris said...

That is my favorite food, I would eat that 7 days a week, breakfast lunch and dinner if I could.