Thursday, May 26, 2011

"Collah!"

Day: Two Hundred and Ninety Eight

Photo taken on Thursday, May 26, 2011 in our bedroom at 933pm. (I am in love with the back of my neck at the moment.)

Here it is: the official Boston Marathon 2011 Jacket! I am super excited to get this in the mail and immediately start wearing it everywhere. I'm still flying high from actually completing my first marathon and keep replaying the day's events in my head from time to time. Now I finally can get the 26.2 sticker for the back of my car too!

I never thought I would see the day I could push my achy joints to finish a race that long. When I first started running again I didn't set a marathon as a goal, hell I didn't even think I could do a half either. I just wanted to do Blazin' Trails the following year and not have to walk at all. It has been a wonderful journey full of injuries, sweat, and tears but ultimately happiness.

Currently I am training for two more upcoming marathons in the fall, the first by myself and then running as Jamie's guide again (so excited and honored!). But after that, I might try my hand at triathlons. Problem is, I know NOTHING about biking. Anyone interested in coaching a total beginner?



5 comments:

Maeve said...

YAY!!! wear that jacket with pride! xo

Kim said...

HOLLA! LOLOLOL! I do triathelons weekly. Why wouldn't you ask me to be your coach? Wrong. So very wrong.

Michelle said...

Ummm... I could do the bike with you at Lucille. But that's about as far as my skill goes.

babs said...

So glad to see you in the jacket--you could actually wear it in my house as i always have the themostat down low, low, low low, low--can't you feel the beat

Dionne said...

Now I'm totally green. I suppose the only recourse is to strap on my shoes and give it a go.