Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Moma's Day!

Day: Two Hundred and Eighty

Photo taken on Sunday, May 8, 2011 in the lobby of the Jefferson Hotel in Richmond, VA at 3pm. (Pictured: Daddio, Moma, Preston, Kimberly, and I. Back Row: Thomas Jefferson)

Very much like my parents' birthdays, it is still very hard to come up with a great gift idea for their respective Sundays. Luckily for me but not so much for my mom, she misplaced her set of keys recently therefore I am able to purchase her a new Coach key chain for Moma's Day as a little extra gift. (*Note: Kim had been the one previously to buy her a Coach keychain. It was a cute flip-flop. The one I buy her, has two cute flip-flops. Just saying.) So besides that and her very nice plants from Kim and Pres, we take her out for an amazing brunch at this lavish hotel. It was Kim's idea two years ago and it was a fabulous way to spend a morning: gorgeous surroundings and unlimited trips to the dessert station. But last year, we forgot to call the day after Mother's Day so we were then #150 on the waiting list. Yeah, 150. It's really that good.

But this year we are #15 and Kim and her lawyering ways gets us a spot for the Champagne Brunch two days in advance. I think all of us enjoy the delicious spread and I know for a fact Preston loves the jazz musicians set up in the corner. One lady even comes over to remark on how interested he is because she too watches him grab a chair, pull it across the room, station it in front of their instruments, and literally sits back with his hands behind his head and watches them intently. Preston never ceases to amaze us.

So Moma, I hope you enjoyed the brunch and the rest of the day spent hanging out with your daughters! We love you very much!

^_\


For Kimberly's take on the weekend and some really great shots of everyone please click here! (My fave is of Preston with the alligator...you'll know which one.)

2 comments:

babs said...

What a day --what a brunch--thank you both so much for taking me to the Jefferson--being with my girls just rocks--i love you both so much

Kim said...

I laughed so hard because of your reference to Thomas in the background. Like really laughed. Asked mom. i checked your blog during Idol, on facebook, and laughed. And that my friedn, is multi tasking. I should call that lady back right now an tell her we'll take a table for five for next May.