Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Copper Alchemist

Day: Two Hundred and Twenty Six

My character from the Marvel Game:

Name: Meghan "Megatron" Willingham*
Age: 15
Hometown: No Name, Colorado
Superpower: Alchemy
Calling: Peace of Mind

Strength: Brawling & Martial Arts Weapons
Agility: Martial Arts & Skating
Intelligence: Chemistry & Electronics
Will Power: Meditation, just earned Observation

Power Limit:

"With great power comes great responsibility."

But in my case, great power comes with DOOM! I have two limitations to my superpower since I drew two doom cards when I go to create my character. I can turn any object I want into copper but the object must remain in my eyesight or else it turns back to its original state. Depending on how much of the object I change, I visually look like the object I touch. I have drawn an example of my limitation above with tree bark. The tree starts to become copper but my arm now looks like the tree. Luckily it is only visual (if you touch my skin that looks like bark it will feel like skin) but then again, this draws attention to me as a mutant and can get us into a heap of trouble.

Background: I'm one of seven siblings and I'm right smack in the middle (where else would a forgotten mutant child be in the line up?). My mom works in a resort out of town and my father works in an undisclosed plant as well as my oldest brother. Being that the population of our town is a little over a hundred (and we comprise a good chunk of that) there is not much to do in No Name, CO. There happens to be a lone dojo on the main street that I have gravitated towards since I was a lonely child and ended up studying with the masterful sensei for years. I am well versed in martial arts and the weapons. I'm pretty quiet and only turn aggressive when provoked and even then my aggression is very ninja-like, as if I wasn't there at all. On weekends us kids play pond hockey but other than that, I study chemistry for fun.

As for the chemistry, I know I'm good at it but I'm completely baffled when I do experiments and I turn into said experiments. Until I get mixed up with the other characters of the game, I have no idea I'm a mutant. I just think I'm missing a step to the science.

My mom knows Steve's character, Michael Bolton's mother from back in the day. Since my family is pretty poor, we have to vacation at other people's homes. Currently, my mother, myself, and my three younger siblings (Beatrice & Libby the 10 year old twins and Kosh the five year old mistake) are staying with the Boltons. This is where the magic happens (and not just in Uncle Chuck's pool house).




*I felt that since my power is alchemy, I needed to give a piece of Mustang to my character. We decided that Travis is my cousin and I have a very unhealthy "Bluth family" type of crush going on here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have no fear, eventually i'll have some drawings for you of the various characters.
~Justin

Katie Jaye said...

Oh awesome! You rock, Justin! Can't wait to see them!

^_\