Monday, March 14, 2011

In The Cut

Day: Two Hundred and Twenty Five

Photo taken on Monday, March 14, 2011 in the bathroom at 953pm.

We don't have to beat around the bush here. We're all adults, we understand my plight with this issue...

I have big boobs.

Abnormally large TaTas. A jugtactular rack. However you want to describe this nuisance dangling from my weak chest muscles is fine by me but I know they are a size I wish they weren't. I have flirted with the idea of a breast reduction for years now and probably would have wanted one in the fifth grade when they annoyingly budded early, well before most of my classmates. I would happily trade them in for something smaller especially since no matter how high tech my sports bra is, it leaves behind lasting damage. Maybe it was a good thing I broke my foot before the wedding. It enabled the deep cuts on my shoulders to be less visible in the professional pictures.

Speaking of pictures, most people have subfolders in their digital picture section of their computer that probably say things like: "My Awesome 27th Birthday!", "Vaycay in Cali 2009!", "Surprise Pool Party!". I have a subfolder that says: "Case Against Boobs". This is the folder that pictures like the one above go, the ones to show my insurance company the damage my Bazooka Joes inflict open other parts of my body in hopes they will pay for the reduction. I have even racier photos, ones when the underwire has bruised my breasts because I participated in a trail run with lots of hills. I'm sure those would look hot on an amateur site!

They also get in the way of normal day to day things like reaching across the table for a chip only to find half my right breast covered in salsa. Sometimes when I lean forward something brushes across my stomach and I freak out thinking there's a bug in my shirt but then I realize it's just my boobs resting on my abs. I'm also pretty sure I'd knock five minutes off my 10k time if I had less knockers because half my energy is wasted in the pendulum swing.

Most girls want bigger breasts but I hope my torn skin might sway you to stay small. Size shouldn't matter but it really does...the bigger they are, the more they hurt. ;p

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed this very much and even shared your tale with some gals at work. I do not have this issue but recently realized I am still wearing sports bras that my mother bought me in HS and thought it was time to grow up and invest in some new ones. Its changed my workouts dramatically!

Katie Jaye said...

I'm always looking for a good sports bra! Is there a particular brand you've been using that you find reduces bounce? I'm so desperate! lol

babs said...

3 little words --get them done! the other 3 words i love you