Thursday, March 17, 2011

Green with Envy

Day: Two Hundred and Twenty Eight

Photo taken on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at The Melting Pot in Farmingdale, NY during dessert at 845pm.

I swear my shirt has green tints in it but it looks brown in the dark! And despite Steve's face, he is enjoying himself.

Anyway, Jenn receives an email that this restaurant is doing a St. Patrick's Day dinner menu with four courses and five beers paired wonderfully throughout, so she wastes no time in making a reservation for us! Once here, we opt for cooking our meats and veggies in a Guinness-based broth for optimum flavor. This is the first time I have ever been at a fondue place and I am loving it! That beer cheese dip in the beginning is phenomenal! I think Mike and I have the same thought about licking the pot clean but we save room for the main course instead which consists of whiskey soaked pork, Dijon chicken, spinach artichoke raviolis, and a nicely marinated steak. The shrimp we're all not too crazy about but we have fun taking turns scooping out the potatoes that have been residing on the bottom of our pots for the majority of the meal.

By the time dessert rolls around we're pretty much full but we find the space for items we're going to dip in chocolate. Holy moley those brownies are so delectable I'm salivating just typing about them. And the fresh strawberries! Oh dios mio!

Jenn, this was a FANTASTIC idea for tonight! I had a blast and would totally do this again in the near future. Maybe there's another holiday soon that they make a menu for...like March Madness?

1 comment:

babs said...

Wow --that sounds lkie a great experience in eating different foods with different flavors. I would have looked like a doofus as i cannot use chopsticks--my food would go flying like the oyster did in pretty woman--glad you guys enjoyed yourselves