Saturday, March 12, 2011

Home Ec

Day: Two Hundred and Twenty Three

Photo taken on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at Justin's house in Jericho, NY at 458pm.

Heather is the best. Not only is she helping me out with my racing pants at the moment, she is also brave enough to sit next to me when I smell pretty awful.

Today I defy my "pity party" and I prove to myself that I am able to run a 25k and then some. I am currently training to be one of the twins' coaches for the upcoming Boston marathon. I am so honored that I have been asked to be the second coach and look forward to this amazing opportunity. Today, I jump into their training routine and end up running 17.5 miles with them from Bethpage to Massapequa and back. Afterwards, I spend an hour with Jenn, Mike, and Aunt Linda as my cousins make the move from one apartment to another. Then it's off to Justin's to do the Marvel game.

Though instead of the Marvel game we decide to go out for a "couple's dinner" to Mulberry Street in Hicksville, though I need to change out of my spandex pants into fleece pants to be a little more restaurant appropriate. Upon removing my second skin I find a little hole in the butt. I'm visibly upset when I come out of the bathroom. "My Spibelt must have rubbed a hole in this today!" (I'm guessing this one sentence is very bad publicity for Spibelt but I really do love their product despite it ruining my very expensive running pants... Two sentences now?)

Heather lets me know they have a sewing kit and I immediately ask her if she doesn't mind sewing it. Her face falls. Dammit, I am such an ass; she's offering me black thread, not to do it for me. How presumptious of me! I apologize for my blunder but she takes the garment from my hands and sews it back together with ease. I cannot thank her enough for helping me out! Unless the rip is on the seam I can't sew anything back together. Hell, even when it's on a seam it still looks atrocious.

Heather, thank you for mending my pants, today! My butt and everyone who has to see it when I run by appreciates this!

^_\

No comments: