Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Noogs

Day: One Hundred and Ninety One

Photo taken on Tuesday, February 8, 2011 on the LIRR at 636am. (Later train today because someone forgot to set their alarm. I won't point any fingers but I'm the only one who gets up at 435am.)

Moma is the only person I know that goes to a silent auction and only bids on stuff for other people. She is always thinking of others and their wants or needs so when she spies a Nook she immediately thinks of me and my redonkulous commute. I am really stoked to have a new toy-I have already affectionately named it Noogie-so when dad hands it off to me, I quickly go down to Barnes and "No Balls" (courtesy of Preston) and buy a casing for it since I tend to drop expensive things (don't let me hold your baby either). I just hope I stay on top of Noogie's well being and that I'm not halfway through my train ride when I'm like, "Crap! My book ran out of batteries!"

I'm totally digging this new form of entertainment and have already downloaded two *free* ebooks and finished one before hitting Hunterspoint this morning. The Smoke Dragon by Shane Jiraiya Cummings is peppered with vocabulary we haven't seen since the SATs so that is totally refreshing plus it's like Raiden from Mortal Kombat meets Gato's underlings from Naruto. Definitely a thumbs up!

Thank you, Moma, for this awesome gift! Looking forward to reading book two later!

4 comments:

Maeve said...

Very cool... and OBVI I love the pink case you got!!!

babs said...

Katie--anything for you--i am so very happy that you are enjoying the nook ---i did think of you and your long, monotonous commute--i love your new pink cover --keep reading & dreaming --never stop--it never hurts to loearn a new vocabulary word no matter what age we are--you are welcome and if i see any more cool technology toys i will purchase for my dollface!

Michelle said...

That's awesome! I definitely hope to acquire a Nook in the near future. Let me know if you find any good reads. You know I'm always on the lookout for a good book.

Kim said...

Um I wonder if Mom will buy me any new technological gadgets I want. Just saying. LOL