Thursday, February 17, 2011

EPIC

Day: Two Hundred

Photo taken on Thursday, February 17, 2011 in Dave & Buster's in Farmingdale, NY at 838pm. (Pictured: Ghost Me, Steve, Mike, Paul, Chris Reed, and Kristen)

Today I have reached a milestone, DAY 200! I try to coerce people into an impromptu gathering to celebrate this but really it is just an excuse to have a drinkie and act like a child. I convince five people to join me and we have been zigzagging around the empty establishment, competing against each other in basketball, Skee Ball, and now trivia, though only Mike seems to be having a problem with this game. After every question he gets wrong he exclaims, "Aw come on!" and we all laugh along even though we all got it right. Paul thinks he would dominate if a Borderlands question happens to come up. Unfortunately it doesn't and Paul ends up winning that round and 240 tickets.

After playing a million coin drop games, we head over to the prize store to collect on our pooled tickets. Everyone picks out candy except me. The minute I walk in I have my eye on a bouncy ball so after throwing in a pixie stick for Jenn (she's home sick) and a Nerf football just for the hell of it, we all head outside to loiter in front while playing a ground version of Circle Game Deluxe* with the bouncy ball. See, I know my prizes and their usefulness!

Thank you all for coming out to celebrate! We shall make it even more epic in a hundred days!



*Circle Game Deluxe: Created by Pher and Anna in the shallow end of my parent's pool in Greenlawn. Everyone stands in a circle and hits a beach ball to one another in no particular order. Whoever drops it gets yelled at for ruining Circle Game Deluxe.

1 comment:

babs said...

I'm so happy for you that you reached a milestone--i have thoroughly enjoyed your blog --it is funny & witty and sometimes introspective and challenging--i love all aspects of your writing--keep on trucking!