Friday, February 11, 2011

141 vs 162

Day: One Hundred and Ninety Four

Photo taken on Friday, February 11, in the Time Out Room at 858pm.

The Imaginary Weapons Game continues but this time I have found a loophole to counterattack a certain move. The Chidori is a lightening chakra jutsu from Naruto done only by Kakashi and (unfortunately) Sasuke. Usually when one person does a successful attack, the other person admits defeat but as I am watching Avatar: The Last Airbender series, an idea dawns on me. If Uncle Iroh can redirect Azula's lightening attack through one hand, into his belly, and out the other way, why can't I? I'm in touch with my Chi. I can do this.

But Steve doesn't favor the Chidori. Even Pher and Anna prefer the Rasengan but I am BURSTING with this new found information and want someone to Chidori me just so I can pull the move. I finally beg Steve to do the attack and he skeptically narrows his eyes at me, trying to figure out how I learned a counterattack. He refuses me and I tell him he has to Chidori me because this is just too good to hold inside anymore. He stands there quietly for a long time and I know he's running through every scenario in his head, every superhero, every Street Fighter game, every manga character we have encountered. He finally concedes, throwing a half-hearted Chidori my way. After I grab it and redirect it back into him he stands there, his face completely devoid of emotion.

I giddily jump around him exclaiming, "how awesome was that?!" I am so proud of myself at this moment that I even force him into giving me a high five.  He finally agrees that it is very well played and again I congratulate myself for thinking outside of the box.


And this is where all my above average IQ points have gone.

2 comments:

babs said...

katie-the picture was truly cool but i fon't know what the hell you are talking about--gossip i understand ripping people apart i get but this avatar, monga and the likes --- well you lost me1

Michelle said...

I still think the game is cute, because I understand the general concept behind it, but I don't get what you're talking about at all.