Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Puzzlement

Day: Three Hundred and Thirty Two

Photo taken on Wednesday, June 29, 2011 in my office at 2pm.

Remember when the power went out and Steve and I decided to get down and dir-TAY by doing a 2,000 piece puzzle? Well, this is the framed Charles Fazzino New York City puzzle we spent four days completing. Valerie is so enamored with this thing and has become my biggest fan which is so cute. When anyone stops in our office to see it, she jumps up and explains all the details about the puzzle.

"Katie did this with her husband, Steve, in the winter. It took them 4 days!"

"Wow!" They look at me and I supply a sheepish smile. "That quickly?!" I nod. "How many pieces?"

"2,000!" Valerie gushes.

"2,000 in four days? That's really fast." They now look at me and I wonder if they are torn between thinking I'm really smart or I have no life.

"And they did it without looking at the box!" Valerie says proudly which makes my heart swell.

"It's very nice," they say but take one more look at me before they leave the room. I know what they're thinking now:

If the power went out in MY building and I was stranded with my HUSBAND with no heat or television as a distraction, I can tell you what I would NOT be doing...

A puzzle.

2 comments:

moma said...

I think you & Steve did a superb job with the puzzle--most people don't have the patience or analytical mind to do a 2,000 piece puzzle--so i say hooray for you

Anonymous said...

When I had to do jury duty, in the sequestered room, there was a 500 piece puzzle that I ut together in between breaks. There are a lot of breaks. At the end, the judge came in to say thank you, and he looked at the puzzle sitting in front of me, and I looked at him and said, "what?' He just shook his head.
I was not jury foreman.