Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sickened

Day: Three Hundred and Twenty Eight

Photo taken on Saturday, June 25, 2011 on our deck at 625pm.

I am totally bummed at the moment. Steve and I go to the Melville Blood Center today in order to donate platelets for the first time. Pher is very into donating platelets and whole blood that he goes on a regular basis. He has inspired me to do the same thing but unfortunately halfway through my face goes numb from tingles. They feed me 5 Tums but it doesn't help. The nausea sets in and at this point I need to tap out. Luckily they have enough platelets so they can use it but I am beyond embarrassed that I failed to make it through to the end. They even tell me never to come back and donate platelets again and to stick with whole blood.

Right now I am so disappointed in myself and disgusted that once again my body is too weak to do some good in this world. I ought to be ashamed of myself; I am as big as a house yet I can't handle losing a few platelets.

2 comments:

Maeve said...

I have no clue what that is... but you're still doing a very good thing by donating blood....it all makes a difference- don't beat yourself up! You are still helping! xo

moma said...

you do more to help people out than most others do--stop berating ypurself ---you are quite aware that pisses me off big time