Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Family Values

Day: Three Hundred and Ten

Photo taken on Tuesday, June 7, 2011 in our parking lot at 641pm.

This is Steve's car. I think his car would look ten times better with this on the back of it:



My Stick Family from WiddlyTinks.com


Don't you agree? (This is what our Stick Family would look like should we get one.)

We're not a fan of the Stick Family on the back of mini vans and quasi SUVs. I don't care about your bazillion pets and that your son skateboards and your daughter is a cheerleader. I'm not interested that there's a shopping bag in the mom's hand and her husband is carrying a briefcase. Oh how adorable! No, not really because more often than not, this car is drifting back and forth in the lane and I can clearly see the culprit on the cell phone. The Stick Family is right up there with the Honor Student bumper sticker and the ever annoying white sticker ovals with the abbreviated black letters that spell something like N-D-O and now I'm spending my whole car ride trying to figure out what the hell that means. I like bumper stickers that are funny like: IF YOU CAN READ THIS I'm not impressed. Most people can read. But I have to admit, I'm one of those self important douches with the 26.2 on the back of my vehicle so I'm just as bad as you Stick Family people.

Dad doesn't like these family stickers either and would only like them if they portrayed the family members dying in StickDeath.com fashion. So when I see this video on Tosh.0, I feel it is perfect for my father:

4 comments:

Charles said...

Great video. Stick figure family, baby on board, kid honor students, I always hope to see their vehicles burning when its my turn to rubberneck

Babs said...

pretty funny video--daddy & i watched together--and i agree with you about the obnoxious stickers on the backs of cars--you forgot "baby on board" --i did fine driving the four of you about town without that sticker--oh well times have changed we have to advertise everything about our lives--the normal person doesn't give a shit--and this is being written by a normal person!

Michelle said...

That video is amazing. I actually LOL'ed. Thank you.

Greene Family said...

Love this post! I'm cracking up as Jason and I have had very similar conversations about the stick people (and of course, they are the minivans weaving in and out of their lane - we are not at all fans of minivan drivers as they seem to think they own the road) and the abbreviated ovals. It drives me crazy when I can't figure them out.
That is video is too funny also!