Saturday, June 4, 2011

Backstreet's Back Alright!

Day: Three Hundred and Seven

Photo taken on Saturday, June 4, 2011 in the TD Garden in Boston, MA for the NKOTBSB Tour at 935pm.
For those of you who don't know what the above acronym stands for, Maeve, her very nice friends, and I are at the New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys concert. And I don't care what you say, it's pretty damn awesome!

The reason I am here and such a huge fan of BSB is because of the lovely lady I am pictured with. Back in high school, Maeve, Krysten, and Kristina begin a little dance group where they would copy the moves of Fatima Robinson, the choreographer for BSB as well as other stars like Aaliyah and Hillary Duff, and just string together routines. One day I invite myself over to Krysten's house to watch them incorporate some Janet Jackson moves into BSB's We've Got It Going On. They eagerly teach me the steps and by the end of the night I am the fourth person in their dance group, Angels Way:


And I LOVE being a part of this group. It is so much fun to dance around Krysten's living room, taping ourselves dance to anything on the radio and just dissolve into giggles when one of us does something real silly (like tuck my shorts into my underwear when singing "we wear short shorts!"). For Krysten's sweet sixteen, she decides to head out to Hollywood to do all the great celebrity touristy stuff and she picks the week that BSB is going to be on Jay Leno. Angels Way accompanies her on this trip and we have a blast, packing our days with excursions to Mann's Chinese Theater, Universal Studies, The Hollywood Bowl, and the like, taking a ton of pictures and chasing down the members of BSB:

(That would be Maeve, Krysten, and Kristina on the ground trying to get a look of the boy band as they exit The Jay Leno Show. And that would be me looking at them, wondering if putting one of them on my shoulders is a better idea...)

We spend many nights dancing and creating a beautiful friendship and it's amazing to be here tonight with Maeve because it means so much to me. I wish the other two could be here with us tonight but they had prior engagements though they are here in spirit. Especially when the boys take the stage to do one of our favorites, Everybody, I can just feel us all together again, dancing happily in our socks, practicing for the Harborfields Talent Show.

And speaking of that Talent Show...do I have a treat for you or what? The following video is Angels Way circa 1999! How awesome is that?! So without further ado...Angels Way performing BSB's hit Everybody. The first part is a technical issue that is soon fixed and there are a few glitches in the tape but it's still fun to watch. I am all the way on the right, then Maeve, then Krysten, then Kristina. Enjoy.



Maeve, Krysten, and Kristina...thank you so much for all the memories and amazing nights we shared just being our kooky selves. It is a time in my life I will be forever grateful I had!

3 comments:

Maeve said...

LLLLOOOOVVVEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Awwwwwww, love this post.

Babs said...

How lucky you girls are to have such precious memories--you all always loved music and loved to dance--i wish i could dance like you but i have always treasured all your awesome performances--as Bob Hope would always say "Thanks for the Memories" Love you girls