Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bahston

Day: Three Hundred and Eight

Photo taken on Sunday, June 5, 2011 at the Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park in Boston, MA at 247pm. (Pictured: Me and my double chin, Maeve, Kim, and Preston)

This has been such a fun day that unfortunately at this point is coming to a close. The weather is so gorgeous that it feels fantastic to be out walking around Boston but before we could fully enjoy the scenery, we have to let Preston take the T. I truly wish I had his enthusiasm for riding public transportation because it would make my work week a helluva lot better. Preston is a train expert and can literally sit for hours on Youtube watching Amtrak trains go by so how could we deny him the T?

Look how excited he is!!

From here we head to Thatcher Street to meet up with Kim's fabulous friends: Jessica with Michael, Taylor and Avery, Alyssia, Brooke with Rider and Nate, and Kim with baby Addison. I am thrilled to finally meet them all since I have heard and read such wonderful things about them. (Don't you just love the BLOGging world? We're all so connected!) We join them for lunchies at Regina's Pizza which is A-MAH-ZAAAAH! Preston orders a sausage bar pie and I help myself to two slices of that awesomeness of awesome.

After the delicious grub we head down to the playground with our desserts for some fun with the kids. I'm so very proud of Preston that he has no fear when sliding down the pole and gliding across a sand pit holding onto the glider for dear life.

We end the day with a stroll through Faneuil Hall Marketplace where we encounter great street performers and also a moving statue. Preston gets a kick out of her when he hands her a dollar and receives a fortune:

What a great trip! I am very glad to meet new friends, catch up with my hottie sister and sweet nephew, and hang out with my beautiful BFF! I'm looking forward to my next Boston excursion!

PS- How cool is Maeve's hat?!

5 comments:

Maeve said...

I love this post!!! It was a nice day and I'm glad we all got to share it!!! I love Preston- that kid is just too cute!!!

ps- I love my hat- I wore it out in the Cayman Islands... sadly... so I might need to get a new one

Love you BFF

Babs said...

what a truly upbeat and happy post--so glad that you had such a fun trip to Boston--Preston and his trains--i understand i'm like that with shoes! And Maeve's hat reminds me of Charlie Sheen's hat--Winning Maeve!

Maeve said...

HAHAHA I'm not sure how comfortable I am being associated with Charlie Sheen!!!! But... I'm totally winning

Kim said...

I am so in love with these pics. Look how excited he is to ride a dirty filthy subway? I've done such a good job! lol. I love Maeve's hat as well. I am so glad you came and met everyone. It means so much to me that you are such a big part!

Greene Family said...

What a fun day! Beautiful pictures!! Love Preston's enthusiasm for public transportation!
Yes, I love our blogging community too! Hopefully, we'll get to meet you in person on one of our get togethers with Kim and Preston!
Great hat, Maeve!