Friday, June 10, 2011

What do tigers dream of?

Day: Three Hundred and Thirteen

Photo taken on Friday, June, 10, 2011 at 812pm in the upstairs hallway.
Two days ago I start coming down with the common cold. Knowing my birthday is around the corner and not wanting to spend it lying in bed, I begin to take action against the common cold. The vitamin C injections, extra sleep during working hours, and eating chocolate seem to do the trick so by Thursday morning I only sound a little stuffed up. But then last night happens.

Dad wakes me up two hours after I finally fall asleep (I spend about two hours dry heaving into the toilet hoping that would make the room stop spinning...it doesn't) and I can barely move off his couch. He hands me his spare key, telling me to come to the Surge whenever I'm ready. I don't think I am ever ready. I spend the entire day eating foods I think will cure the hangover (it doesn't) and then I have to battle the raging cold that has returned in full force. I sound like I smoked 15 packs of cigarettes last night and then ate the carton they came in. My coworkers also keep engaging me in conversation just to hear my voice crack like a prepubescent teenage boy. Somehow I magically make it through 8 hours and crawl through the door of my home and into bed...but not before coloring in my face with a brown eyeliner that is broken.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Bad hangovers are the WORST. Ugh. But your picture is hysterical and so appropriate.

Babs said...

What????