Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hey Fishie Fishie Fishie!

Day: Three Hundred and Twenty Five

Photo taken on Wednesday, June 22, 2011 in our living room at 728pm.

Our fish hide from us when we come over to the tank, probably because Steve is constantly sticking his hand in there to add or remove things. I have never seen a fish tank give someone so much trouble. Steve has a little chemistry set to check the water because everyday it's something: the water is cloudy, another fish has died, too much food on the bottom, the ammonia levels are ridiculously high, etc. I feel bad because I know relatively nothing about the upkeep of a fish tank so all of my suggestions equal, "I don't know what to tell you."

I only had goldfish that I won at the Greenlawn Fireman's Fair that could survive in a bowl forever. The only time I have a problem with a goldfish kicking it early is when I go on a trip to Vermont shortly after winning the fish I so lovingly call Linden. Krysten happily offers to fish-sit for me while away and when I return, she sadly tells me Linden didn't make it. She feels bad since her fish is still around but I understand, fish at a fair are probably so traumatized by the ping pong balls flying at them that maybe he was bound to die soon anyway. It isn't for a few years that I finally learn the truth about Linden's demise.

Apparently, when Krysten goes to change his water in the sink, Linden accidentally slips out of the bowl and right down the drain. When she tells me I laugh and I hope this omission of truth hasn't been weighing on her all these years.

4 comments:

Maeve said...

this made me LOL

Maeve said...

PS- your make up in the past few pics look great!!!!! You're so pretty!

Michelle said...

LOL. Awww, poor Krysten. She probably was overcome by guilt. When I had my beta fish, Gunther and Norbert, Gunther almost went down the drain when I was cleaning his bowl. Thakfully, I saved him, but it was very traumatizing.

moma said...

poor kristen living that horrible lie for years--i say give her full immunity from your wrath