Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hairless

Day: One Hundred and Twenty Two

Photo taken on Wednesday, December 1, 2010 on the bar counter at 1017pm.

Interesting tidbit about the ponytail on the right (the two on the left belong to me...well used to). When I tell grandma I am donating my hair she brings me a lock that she has had in her possession for 82 years! It belonged to my Nana, Moma's grandmother, grandma's mother. How cool is that?! She then tells me the story of when Nana decided to cut all her hair off and how upset it made Nana's father. Apparently back then, only "women of the night" cut their hair that short so when she came home sporting the chic new do, he leaned out of the window and shouted at her, calling her trampy names. But Nana didn't care. She liked her new hair cut and continued about her business, keeping her head held high. You go, Nana! You go with your bad self!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I picture Nana. And then I picture you saying you go with your bad self. And I laugh.