Monday, December 27, 2010

Cabin Fever

Day: One Hundred and Forty Eight

Photo taken on Monday, December 27, 2010 in the Walt Whitman Mall parking lot at 741pm.

Bossdad made the call last night that the Surge would be officially closed today. I didn't even get the chance to do my "Annoy Dad" routine before he called it. Every time it snows I phone him and ask if he will close the Surge and he always tell me, "It has to snow 8 inches for us to close."

I usually wait two minutes and call him back. "What about 7.5 inches?"

"Nope, 8 inches."

Two minutes later I call again. "What about 7 and 3/4 of an inch? Would you close then?"

"Nope. It has to be 8 inches." The fact that he even entertains this with an answer anymore is beyond me but yesterday he makes the call before I can. So being that Maeve, Steve, and I have been in our respective houses for four days straight now, we need to get out! We're going stir crazy! When I suggest a late lunch to Fridays, Maeve counters with Cheesecake Factory, and the next thing we know, Chris Reed is at the table with us and we're enjoying cheesecake. We are so immersed in our own world that we don't notice any commotion around us until they wheel a gurney past our table. Apparently a girl fell backwards out of her chair and hit her head. I'm sure she's okay because I didn't hear any screaming as she is pushed along to the door.

Afterward we hit the mall even though half the stores are closed due to weather and Maeve and I reminisce about the time in senior year when half the power in the mall went out for a few days. She was so jealous that Jean Country (the store I worked at) was closed because we had no light yet her side of the mall she worked on (J. Crew) was in perfect functioning order. I think they had to close St. Anthony's too. I was a very lucky individual that week and enjoyed my free time, that is, until the power was restored.

We hit up Macy's and Sephora and even let Steve walk around Game Stop for a bit. We then conclude the evening by trekking back to the car for some snow pictures and laughs. I am definitely happy to have gotten out today!

3 comments:

Maeve said...

YAY!!!! You and Steve were my heros for saving me from near death of cabin fever!!!! That was a lot of fun!!! I miss you guys so much! (I use a lot of exclamation points huh?)!!

Babs said...

guestecovso happy that after all these years you & maeve still laugh & act like middle school and your friendship gets stronger and stronger--how lucky for the both of you

Anonymous said...

don't know why that stupid made up word appeared