Thursday, December 9, 2010

Away in a Manger

Day: One Hundred and Thirty
Photo taken on Wednesday, December 9, 2010 in the living room at 901pm.

This is my parents' original Nativity scene. Every year this thing sheds some of the fake moss and dirt but I still love it regardless. Steve doesn't understand why I insist upon keeping the original box it came in because it too is starting to decay. The box no longer has a top and the top portion of the sides look like they have been eaten by a starving animal. So when my parents' bought a new, nicer Nativity set they were about to get rid of this when I saved it. I couldn't possibly let a piece of my childhood Christmas history go to waste.

One of my favorite memories of this Nativity scene are the two little sheep that Charlie would find interesting ways to arrange them without being caught by mom. I think he really pushed the envelope one time when he replaced the Baby Jesus with a sheep instead. Though my fave place he put the lamb was on the roof. It just seemed so silly to me, even to this day.

So Charlie, this little lamb is for you! Merry Christmas!

No comments: