Monday, December 20, 2010

Is there anybody out there?

Day: One Hundred and Forty One

Photo taken on Tuesday, December 20, 2010 at my desk at 1148am.

I take the picture because I'm totally bored with my job at the moment. But looking at it now, it completely disturbs me. My eyes. My eyes are so dull it looks unnatural. I can tell I'm having a rough day, I look tired as I click away on my computer but those eyes...I can't get over how defeated I truly look. This is by far one of the most depressing pictures of me I have ever seen.

One of my friends from middle school, her mom would always tell my mom that my smile seemed so bright because it always reached my eyes. I'm sorry to see that the light has completely faded while sitting at my mundane job but I know for a fact it will return once the day is complete.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah, you definitely look miserable. I probably have much the same look on my face, except my coworkers make me laugh, which breaks up the monotony.

Maeve said...

I'm sitting at my desk making a similar face... stupid channel 7 hahaha- I'd rather be back in NY hanging out with you and Steve again!

Katie Jaye said...

Yeah unfortunately most of the Surge was on vacation at this point so I was lonely.

And Maeve we have a nerf gun here with your name on it...

Michelle said...

But at least your eyes light up when you look at Steve - I've seen it. :)