Sunday, April 17, 2011

True Story

Day: Two Hundred and Fifty Nine

Photo taken on Sunday, April 17, 2011 in front of the Christian Science building in Boston, MA at 901pm. (Pictured: Me, Maeve, and Steve)

Allan told me I should be in bed by 9 tonight to be fresh for the Boston Marathon in the morning but I just can't help squeezing in every last possible second with my BFF!!! I am totally bummed that I miss out on her birthday activities last night because my schedule with moving, work, and the Con interfere at the last minute so Steve and I make sure to take her out for some fun times tonight. We let her pick the restaurant but she chooses Cheesecake Factory so I can find something bland enough to eat (she's too thoughtful even when it comes to her birthday dinner!). As I longingly watch her marsala disappear I suck down what I thought was a bowl of white cheddar broccoli soup (which is very scrumptious) but is informed by the waitress halfway through that someone brought me a cup of soup. There is no way that's a cup! It is bigger than a "soup mug"! No wonder Americans struggle with their weight.

After being thoroughly fed, we exit happily with our cheesecake "to go" and make the trek back to Maeve's cool new digs (which is seriously down the block from her old place). It is such a nice night out and the walk calms my nerves, that is until I start stressing out before bed. I feel terrible that I'm getting anxious and that I'm complaining and worrying over my quickly expanding tummy. Steve and Maeve tell me everything is going to work out and I climb into the comfy air mattress and before I know it I'm out for the count. I must have been on the brink of sleep for days and just needed some peace of mind. I think the night walk and lots of laughs at dinner definitely do the trick. That and spending quality time with one of my favorite people ever!

^_\

3 comments:

Kim said...

You said Allen....Allen! Cute picture. And I don't know if you know this, but you ran a marathon.

Maeve said...

YAY! LOVE!! IT was a fun weekend!! I'm so proud of you... I'm excited to see your next post xoxox

Michelle said...

Awesome picture! And Cheesecake Factory rocks. As I'm sure you'll recall, I've had my birthday dinner there as well. I'm glad you had a nice time in Boston. Congrats on the Marathon too!