Saturday, April 30, 2011

In the Arms of an Angel

Day: Two Hundred and Seventy Two

Photo taken on Saturday, April 30, 2011 in our shared (with Mike and Jenn) Embassy Suites room in Linthicum, MD at 1136pm.

I never know what to say in these sort of situations. For someone who loves words, they seem to be lost on me when it is time to comfort others. I just don't know how to make it better so sometimes all I can do is sit with you and listen or rub your back and cry with you.

This has been a tough couple of weeks for the Reed family. Unfortunately, one of their liveliest and wittiest members had been in a coma since having a heart attack. Last night, I drive down to Baltimore with Steve, Jenn, and Mike so we can all say goodbye to Uncle Bill. I just want to be there for everyone and listen to stories and celebrate a life that still had so many good years left. The whole situation is unfair and I just don't get why it had to happen to someone like him. All I can do is be present and share in the love of this family. I wish I could take away the hurt and have answers but I don't have that kind of power.

What I can do is remember my conversations I had with him and the funny things he would leave underneath my Facebook status messages. I remember his smile the most because every time he talked to me, that's what he was doing, smiling. Steve has many Uncle Bill traits so I know his spirit will live on through his nephew and everyone else he touched throughout his life.

May he rest in peace.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aww I'm so sorry. My sympathies to the Reed fam.