Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Egg and I

Day: Two Hundred and Sixty Five

Photo taken on Saturday, April 23, 2011 in the kitchen of the TDM at 235pm. (The dyers: Steve, Moma, Kimberly, Preston, Grandma Z., and I)

What is Easter without eggs? Or Jesus? Or a Jesus egg?

Pretty much Preston runs the show; we just make sure the eggs find their way back into the container so they don't drop dye all over the table or crack open. It's just interesting how when the task is all complete, he has to arrange them in color order. There are six colors-two eggs of each-and he lines them up in Roy G. Biv fashion, then decides to line them up in pairs after scrutinizing them for awhile. I observe Preston doing this and I proudly nod my head at his compulsive ordering.

He's definitely my nephew.

2 comments:

babs said...

what fun it was having you all down for Easter--it was a blast--but we all got beautiful colored eggs compliments of pres pres

Maeve said...

I love how Preston is clearly the center of attention... as it should be. He's the best