Saturday, August 7, 2010

Scraps

Day: Six

Photo taken around 11pm really quickly because I lost track of time today. I really have nothing creative to show you so instead here is my newest injury:


The first time I leave for a Hawks game in my green lacrosse shorts, Steve takes one look at me and warns, "You really should wear pants if you're going to slide."

I wave him off. "Pssh. I'm not going to slide."

Three hours later I return with a dirt and blood smattered left leg.

"I slid." I manage a sheepish grin and he just shakes his head in disappointment.

At least I was safe.

So now before heading off to a game I wrap my calf in an ace bandage (because right now I'm nursing an on-going running injury there anyway) so it adds sliding protection and then I place knee-high softball socks over it. Needless to say, I still receive raspberries sliding into that damn second base! People tell me I should wear pants but on certain occasions the dirt would rip my skin up through my Tri-Village issued uniform pants anyway. I was like half my size back then so I think my weight is the leading factor to me constantly hurting myself because really, no one weighing in at 175 should ever run as fast as they can and slide in dirt. The physics of it just points to disaster.