Monday, August 30, 2010

Gross Tradition

Day: Twenty Nine
Photo taken on Monday evening, August 30, 2010 in the bathroom, over the toilet and the kitchen garbage pail.

It's been one whole year of marriage for the Reabs and we have yet to take our honeymoon. Steve and I aren't ones for traditions that other people have decided are traditions like the garter belt toss at weddings. Our ideal wedding is a cocktail hour that lasts for three hours followed by a dessert hour that lasts for two, though trying to find a reception hall that allows this is very hard. So we had no choice but to opt for a dinner at ours which turns out to be delicious anyway and the only thing I eat that day (until Pher and Kim come over to discuss our music choice and I neglect to eat as I explain how awesome it truly is to play the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack during the meal). My father/daughter dance is unique in that Dad picks the first half of the song and I pick the second. Everyone is horrified when Lonestar's I'm Already There turns off and Gnarls Barkley's Crazy comes on instead. They really thought the DJ had messed up! And the cake is no traditional cake either. The minute dad and I lay eyes on it during the final meal selection we know it’s perfect for our beach theme. I then snap a picture and send it to Moma down in Virginia and she agrees:

This is it then...














This is it now:




That is why some traditions should be left in the past. Why ruin such a delectable piece of cake just to be like everyone else and eat it a year later on your anniversary when dammit, I could have eaten it a year ago when it was fresh!

No comments: