Sunday, August 22, 2010

Fiesta Burger

Day: Twenty One
Photo taken on Sunday, August 22, 2010 around 8pm at Bobby Flay's Burger Palace in the Smith Haven Mall. (Please don't let Frankenberger know I cheated on them tonight)


Steve's birthday weekend continues (third night and counting) with another dinner but with just yours truly because we so smartly take tomorrow off for the birthday weekend to carry on (his birthday is actually tomorrow). It's a little ridiculous how we celebrate each other's birthday for days on end and this all starts back in 2006 when my birthday lands on a Sunday. On the Friday before, my partner in crime in the classroom, Keri, throws me a surprise bash at another teacher's house. I'm completely floored that they are actually able to get one over on me and that all the staff comes despite the monsoon outside and the impending teaching tests we all have the following morning. The next day I celebrate with more friends, Sunday my family throws a shindig in the backyard, and then Monday my classroom busts out a birthday cake because on Friday it was part of the plan to look like everyone had forgotten about my special day.


So that's how birthday weekends were formed. It's going to really suck next year for Steve when it lands on a Tuesday and no weekend is involved at all.

No comments: