Saturday, August 28, 2010

Let's Go Mets!

Day: Twenty Seven
Photo taken on Saturday, August 28, 2010 during the 8th inning of the Mets vs. Astros game at Citi Field (Shea). Dad gave Steve and I his season tickets for the night since he was down in Virginia. Thanks Daddio!



As a young impressionable child, I am compelled to be a Mets fan because of dad and Pher. It seems reasonable to be one since dad's my coach and Pher is a fellow member of the Orioles baseball team I'm on. Even the back of my Players Card says my favorite ball player is Darryl Strawberry. So for years and years I wear blue and orange proudly, especially out in Colorado when the Rockies play New York.


But it's hard to be a Mets fan in the Raab household because the women rule the TV (that would be Moma and Kim) and they are Yankees fans through and through. So every time the Pinstripes take the field, regardless if the Mets do as well, the YES channel is tuned in and we all sit around to watch. One summer, even as I'm claiming to still be a Mets fan, Kim quizzes me on the Yankees batting order and their numbers. As I rattle the names off without hesitation she then throws me a curve ball: "Who is the Mets head coach?"

I look at her sideways and answer the only way I know how, "The Subway guy! Duh!"

She sees through my sly answer and knows the real truth…

There's a possibility that I'm slowly becoming a Yankees fan.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Question-Who took that pic? Because I see Steve. This was the funniest blog. I remember you saying the Subway guy. So funny.

Katie Jaye said...

I took the pic by using a self timer. I figure I can bend the rules of a "self portrait" if I'm the one to set the camera up.

Glad you liked the BLOG!