Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Lucky #17

Day: Seventeen

Photo taken in the our bedroom on Wednesday night, August 18, 2010.

Every time I go down to Virginia to visit mom, Kim, and Preston, we always take a trip to the used book store, The Cracked Book (which dad likes to call the Crap Book and Kim's BFF, Mel, refers to it as The Cracked Spine). Each time Moma treats me to one book which sometimes turns into three and then on two separate occasions turns into an entire 12 volume yaoi series. On my last visit I pick up Memoirs of Geisha and it takes me a week on transit to read the novel because I absolutely love it and do not want it to end. Tonight I watch the movie version and even though I feel the story is stuck on fast forward, I can't help but be swept away in the beauty of the women and the Japanese culture I am so very fond of. I wish that one day I can portray the elegance of some of these characters I observe in this film.

2 comments:

Maeve said...

Where are you in this pic?????

Katie Jaye said...

(I'm hiding behind the book but my hair is in front of hers which is jet black.)