Saturday, September 11, 2010

Never Forget

Day: Forty One

Photo taken on Saturday, September 11th, 2010 around 2pm in Sai as I was driving home from the Preserve in Massepequa, NY.

Today is a difficult day for Americans. To relive what happened that cloudless Tuesday morning is painful and extremely hard to watch the events play out again on our TV screens. I know I couldn't do it this morning when Steve put on Asuma and I heard the names being read. I asked him to change the channel right away, knowing that 9 years later I still can't handle the emotions that bubble to the surface when I think back to that day. I think back to how people in Colorado handled the situation, they were shocked and sad but their lives went on because they weren't affected by it like we were. How terribly alone I felt when I received the call a week later that our family knew someone in the buildings that didn't make it out. Feeling completely helpless that I couldn't comfort my friends and family because I was trapped so far away from my home.

So today I run my 8.5 miler in honor of those we lost and those that were heroes today. I don a flag pin on my running shorts and I think about how much I love this country and how proud I am of those who are fighting for us over in the Middle East. They have my support and utmost respect.

So today we should all remember, and never forget.

No comments: