Sunday, September 5, 2010

BBQ Bash

Day: Thirty Five
Photo taken on Sunday, September 5, 2010 in Jen's mom's backyard in Huntington Station around 8pm.



While the band is playing a bluesy set, Angelo, Diana, Alex (loving his eye crease smile here!), Jen, Steve and I try desperately to take a group shot. I have to say, this is the worst picture of me yet but I love it just the same. Maybe it's the fact that this is like the fifteenth time we've taken it because for some reason I keep cutting myself or Angelo out of the picture. Steve even tries to steady my hand then run back into place but I keep moving. And everyone is so cool about it too; no one is letting me get out of it with just half a cheek in the frame. I think we've successfully blinded the bass player with the flash but this group of people at the Labor Day BBQ is so chill no one reprimands us for excessive picture taking.

The party is a blast with the biggest bar selection I have ever seen plus a smorgasbord of home cooked items that are mouth-watering gooooood. By the time us girls make the trek to the kitchen for some dessert items, we find the cookies we brought have already vanished but it doesn't stop me from loading down my plate with several different types of brownies!

This is a perfect way to end a great summer: awesome company, rockin' tunes, and lots of feel-good food. Thanks for the invite Jen & Angelo!

No comments: