Thursday, September 16, 2010

Hogwarts a History

Day: Forty Six

Photo taken on Thursday, September 16, 2010 in Islands of Adventure, Orlando, FL in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. We’re currently on line for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.


I really wish my Potter buddy, Maeve, could have been here for this experience because you literally step into the magical world that is Harry Potter. All the stores from Hogsmeade are present and I enjoy that all the architecture in the town is capped with snow to give the desired effect of all the Christmas-y trips the students take each year. There's even a Butterbeer stand by the Hogwarts Express which I definitely indulged in (we think its cream soda with cream on top but delicious regardless of what it really is). Steve shows immense patience with my giddiness as he provides his own interpretation of John Williams' score as we enter Hogwarts to tour the inside corridors. Christine is also very patient with me throughout the long experience since I want to see and do everything the town has to offer. The HP merchandise alone had me running in circles because I wanted it all!

If you're a crazed Potter fan like me, I highly recommend the trip down to Universal. It's worth it.

1 comment:

Maeve said...

You'll just have to go back with me... so I can experience Harry Potter world... I think I need a wand!