Friday, July 29, 2011

Perfect Situation

Day: Three Hundred and Sixty Two

Photo taken on Friday, July 29, 2011 at Jones Beach Theater in Wantagh, NY at 753pm.

Nothing is going to stop me from seeing Weezer tonight. Nothing, you hear me! A little rain or a lot of rain, I'm seeing them take the stage dammit!

Unfortunately at the moment, lightning is keeping us from seeing them. No worries because the lead singer of the Flaming Lips, Wayne Coyne, has promised us that no matter what, they are playing a full concert for us even if it takes all night.

I'm soaked to the bone, jumping up and down in puddles, and wooing loudly as both Coyne and (Weezer frontman) Rivers Cuomo make their way into the audience in giant plastic bubbles. I am ecstatic to be here with Steve tonight, both of us are big Weezer fans so this is a dream come true, especially when Rivers makes his way up to our section during If You Want Me To. When he ends the song and Flaming Lips take the stage to do a few numbers before Weezer returns again, Steve informs me he's disappointed I didn't run up to him to take my selfer with him.

I freeze.

Holy S, I am such an asshole! We were so close to him but it's pouring so hard I didn't even think to whip out my camera to take his picture. Oh that would have been the coolest selfer ever!!! I totally dropped the ball again!

But that's okay because I am enjoying myself so much right now and I know I'll get some shots later when the rain lets up a little, like this one:

Such a great show! I highly recommend a Weezer concert: great energy, fun fans, and the music's not too bad either.

^_\

No comments: