Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Poop

Day: Three Hundred and Fifty Nine

Photo taken on Tuesday, July 26, 2011 at my desk in the Surge at 344pm.

This ticket I receive in the mail is Total. Utter. Bullshit.

When I'm on my way out for a run this past weekend, I notice a letter stuck to our door. Upon seeing it is for me my stomach bottoms out. Written across the envelope is one of those red light traffic violations and knowing I'm not stupid enough to gamble my life or others, I can't understand how I would run a red light. I tear open the letter to find such a ridiculous reason to give me a ticket. These bastards must be making a fucking fortune at this light!

Steve and I watch the video of Sai on the road and it makes me want to hurl Miles across the room when I see the evidence. I know exactly what day it is and I know exactly why I'm making this turn. It's June 18, the day of the twin's 21st Birthday Party and after doing an errand on the North Shore, I head south on Route 110 to make a right on 24. My last stop of the day will be Runner's Edge to get the boys gift certificates (and also my self-important 26.2 sticker for the back of Sai). Upon reaching the red light I immediately slow down to a crawl. I notice as I approach the white line that the people on 24 have a green turning arrow to go north on 110 so it makes perfect sense that I should have a green arrow to make a right on 24. But there is no arrow. The town has no freakin' common sense. So I do what any normal person would do in my situation: look at all traffic and make the turn when I see it's clear.

Problem is? It's sunny as fuck today so Sai creates a shadow. His shadow literally crrrrraaaawwwwlllsss past the white line into a turn. Now, if it was raining that day, it would look like a complete stop. The moron designated to watching these dumb videos would not have been able to see my one-mile-per-hour crawl and I would be $75 richer.

I'm sorry but this is not running a red light. Assholes that have almost slammed into me when my light is clearly green and theirs is not are the ones running a red light. The times my dad tried to claim the light was "pink", that's running a red light. Me using logic and caution is NOT running a red light.

Jerks.

No comments: