Thursday, July 14, 2011

Um...Ow.

Day: Three Hundred and Forty Seven

Photo taken on Thursday, July 14, 2011 at Heartland Golf Park in Brentwood, NY at 406pm. (Injured foot belongs to me, putters belong to Steve, Chris Reed, Pher, and myself.

Besides me getting my ass handed to me by Pher, Chris Reed sucking it up on the even holes, and Steve silently winning at this point, we're all having a good time. That is, until I misjudge the length of my feet again and the tip of my flop gets stuck on the wooden bridge. I don't know what happens but I trip and a sharp pain races from my toe to my brain. Immediately my hand goes to my toe and presses down; I fear the nail has been ripped up and I can't bring myself to look at it.

Apparently I must have yelped because Steve races over asking me what I did. When I tell him, he bends down to take a look, as do I, and we see a lot of blood leaking out from under my fingers. "Did you break it or is it just cut?"

"I'm afraid to look," I wince. Steve braves it and I peel my fingers away to reveal...

"Just a deep cut," he says and he takes off at lightning speed for napkins. The game gets put on hold until I can staunch the bleeding enough to finish the round (which I lose, as per usual).

I swear, you can't take me anywhere.

3 comments:

h said...

it could have been worse you could have lost to chris reed as well

Kim said...

Guess who won mini golf....NOT KATE!

Barbara said...

just tell all those losers who win at mini-golf that you run marathons---full ones--