Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

Day: Three Hundred and Thirty Seven

Photo taken on Monday, July 4, 2011 in my backyard at 809pm.

Yay for Price Club or else we wouldn't have been able to feed all the people who have swung by this evening to help celebrate the Fourth of July. This is the first time Steve and I have been able to have an outdoor party and it also works because all of our neighbors are super chill and don't mind us running back and forth in front of their decks. When our guests aren't engaging in food intake, they find themselves on the lawn playing with the bocce ball set Caitlin happens to have in her car. I am very thankful for the bocce ball set because the game of wiffle ball ends quickly when the only ball lands on our neighbor's balcony. I really thought the ball would end up in the canal though so I didn't offer up my Spiderman Frisbee when people seem interested in playing some sort of outdoor game. Once the sun completely set, we all looked to the skies to catch several different fireworks displays going on around the houses on the water.

I take some pics throughout the evening and it looks like everyone is enjoying themselves. Thanks for coming out this Fourth and making it a really fun time!

Caitlin, Brian, Michelle, Jon, and Heather have a really intense game of online Mad Gab going on here. I actually own the game but it is packed up in the attic at the moment or else I would have totally broken it out for them.
Angelo and Jen enjoying some drinkies. This is the second attempt at taking this photo since Angelo's hands keep traveling south without Jen knowing ;P
Tee hee, Paul and Mike are being inappropriate while Steve and Angelo are actually being good for a change. I'm not sure who wins this battle of bocce ball but I know us girls try it out next. I don't have pictures of us playing it but Jenn and Heather are kicking mine and Maeve's butt right now. Maeve is doing great; I'm definitely the weakest link on our team but we're having fun tossing these balls all over the place anyway.

Cristina and Brad get in on the bocce action as well. Cristina is a pro since she has the Italian blood running through her veins.

Of course there are crabs...and Angelo totally grabs one bare handed! That's skill!

So my camera "claims" there is a fireworks setting which by the time I snap the picture, they have already fizzled out. Maeve steps up to try and she has better luck than I do. The only light I am able to capture on film is standing over one of the lit Off! candles and even that picture comes out dim. Maybe we should have taken video because the pictures we have do not even come close to the beauty of the real thing or the experience of the explosion or getting eaten alive by gnats and mosquitoes while watching the fireworks.

1 comment:

Maeve said...

Thanks for hosting a fun night!!!! xoxo We need to bone up on our bocce ball skills ha