Saturday, October 30, 2010

Spooky Spiders

Day: Ninety

Photo taken on Saturday, October 30, 2010 at the kitchen table at 409pm.

Jeanette and I are attempting to make a cute Halloween snack out of Oreos. I ripped the idea from Pillsbury but they are not quite coming out like the ones in the picture. All you need are M&Ms, black licorice, Oreos, and icing to make "spiders". Instead we're making a mess of the table. We're breaking the cookie tops constantly and there are candy pieces everywhere but the main idea of this baking exercise is that it's fun and that's exactly what Jeanette and I are having!

3 comments:

Kim said...

So I'm reading this with Mom and I say, wth are they using for legs? I mean seriously you were supposed to use STRING licorice. The only thing that would have made these cookies ahrder for you to make is if you used mini oreos.

Maeve said...

When I made my spider cupcakes (see facebook mobile uploads for pics) I used regular licorice...but thats just becuase I live in a city and we have a ghetto supermarket... so I had to make do with what they had!

Katie Jaye said...

I agree Maeve, sometimes the store is out of STRING licorice and you need to buy chocolate twizzlers and cut them into strips using kitchen sheers. God Kim, you just don't understand!