Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Breakfast of Champions

Day: Seventy Two
Photo taken on Tuesday, October 12, 2010 at my desk in the Surge around 830am.

This is an Entenmann's Halloween cupcake and this is how we always ate them as children. We would peel off the top which consists of fudge, icing, and some sort of candy depending on the holiday. We then ate the bottom cake first and just before we could reach for the top of goodness, Moma would come over and point at it and ask if she could have it. She delivered it in such a serious tone that would stop us in our tracks because you don't want to deny your mother but you also don't want to give up the best part of the cupcake!

Luckily she was only pulling our legs.

4 comments:

Maeve said...

The Halloween cupcakes are best since they put candy corn on top.... I'm not a fan of the other holiday cupcakes.... I'd rather the chocolate chip cookies...gotta love Entenmanns!

Kim said...

I so miss these. Tear. I think for allowing us to house your iPod without charging you a storage fee, you should send some back with pere.

Katie Jaye said...

Yeah Maeve I think the Valentine ones have cherry gummies, yuck!

And Kim, they don't sell them down there? I'll definitely grab a box for you and send them down this week though dad will be all huffy that he has to bring something on the plane. Carry-On Dad.

Anonymous said...

Katie - make sure you have these for when I come to visi, or you are a terrible sister.