Saturday, October 16, 2010

Carter Mountain, Charlie!

Day: Seventy Six
Photo taken on Saturday, October 16, 2010 in the Winesap section of the Carter Mountain Orchard in Charlottesville, VA at 211 pm.

Gorgeous day to go apple picking for the first time ever! The view is amazing and the freshly made and very warm apple donuts (that kind of taste like churros) make the trip up here worthwhile. My mom's neighborhood friend, Kelly, drives us and her son, Alec, to the beautiful orchard to take fun pictures and pick a bunch of apples. Afterward Kim treats us to a hayride around the back part of the orchard. I think Preston enjoys pulling the fruit off the trees though one of the apples has a worm in it so therefore he thinks all of them do. As we pass a little baby eating a juicy Winesap, he stops and points at her apple, and says in all seriousness, "that has a worm in it."

Definitely a fun experience!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Those cider donuts ruled my life. They were pretty awesome. Pres is pretty awesome.

Katie Jaye said...

Yeah. Pres is really awesome.

I don't know if you heard this one morning but when I came down from the attic, Pres was playing all nicely in his room, looks up, gives me the cutest slyest smile I've ever seen and says, "Tinka-bozu!" I had yet to call him that during my visit. He beat me to it! Oh how I love him!