Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Outback Approach

Day: 366

Photo taken on Tuesday, August 2, 2011 on the back porch at Angelface & Kim's house at 1131pm. (Pictured from my big ass head: Steve, Angelface holding his lovable pup, Kevin, Elisa, and Kim F. soon to be M!)

So it's been a year and when I go to put the BLOG to rest I get many requests to continue. I had no idea that my pictures and writing actually entertain some people and that they look forward to where my days lead me. It takes some convincing on their part but in the end, here I am. Though things are going to change this time around:
  1. No more writing out the numbers. It's getting too wordy.
  2. The picture no longer has to be a selfer in order to get the shot I want. Making it a self portrait limited a lot of potential and I also felt really silly when strangers offered to take the picture for me and I had to explain to them why they couldn't and that it had to sit on top of a dirty trash can on a self timer.
  3. I don't necessarily have to be in it, just in the vicinity. Sometimes pictures need no people.
  4. I'm going to post the daily everyday and I might not write anything about it until I feel like it. The reason being, I have a lot of upcoming projects that need more attention and I seriously have to get a move on with bettering my future financially.
  5. That's it. There is no 5, sorry.

Tonight we are invited over for a delicious home-cooked meal and lots of laughs by our generous hosts, Angelface and Kim. It bothers me a bit today when I realize that the four lovely folks pictured with me never make it into the BLOG in the first year. I had seen them but maybe the picture had been done for the day or I simply forgot and snapped it when I got home. I don't like that, so it needs to change.

I have high hopes for this year and I want you to be a part of it. I lost a good friend this past year because I was accused of ignoring them and excluding them from get-togethers. This is never the case with me and I apologize to those who read this BLOG and feel they are excluded. No one is ever left behind in my book. If you want to hang out, give me your number or if you're unavailable when I invite you out, extend me an invitation the next time you go out. I am very outgoing, open-minded, and caring but sometimes I don't know who really wants to go see a Jackie Chan movie so just let me know if you want to take part in something fun and I'll gladly let you in on my life journey.

I'm a pretty simple person and I don't ask much. What I do ask of everyone is respect: for me, for my loved ones, and for the life I choose to lead. I'm not perfect and I make tons of mistakes so this year I'm making an even greater effort to be conscious of my decisions and not sweat the small stuff. I think we can make this a really great year so let's live it up!

"I'm here for the party and I ain't leavin' til they throw me out."-Gretchen Wilson

1 comment:

Moma said...

So happy to see you're continuing your creative writing journey--I so enjoyed it this past year and yes I do want to be in the pictures--sunsets I can see almost every night--seeing people in the picture puts a smile on my face--It was great seeing Rob & Elisa in a picture--I have missed their smiling faces--I'm starting to get a Greenlawn chill--it felt good --thanks for all the funny posts--some serious (but I can deal with depth)BUT i'm still lost with the ninja shit or whatever you call it so on those posts at least throw in a picture of a human i might know!